My name is Kiani Ruiz and I was born and raised in San Diego, California but have lived in Hawaii, Peru and now reside in Utah. I graduated from Brigham Young University-Hawaii in 2022 with a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work and am looking to pursue my Masters degree in the upcoming year. I love to spend time with loved ones, go to the beach and travel in my free time.
Our goal as counselors is to work with students, parents, and staff to ensure student academic success and prepare students to become respectful and contributing members of the community.
Success is a Journey, Not a Destination
Tips for Success:
- Stay Organized: Organizing your binder, desk, etc. makes everything easier and will help get work done faster. Below is a checklist to print out at home to help stay organized.
- Practice Good Habits: Steven Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People is a great source to read up on how students can be successful in life and in the classroom.
- Mamba Mentality: One of the greatest examples of success is the legendary Kobe Bryant. “Mamba Mentality is all about focusing on the process and trusting in the hard work when it matters most,”
Learning today, for a better tomorrow
Your Learning Style:
- Your Learning Style: Knowing what type of learner you are can help significantly in the classroom. Below is an at home checklist for parents to download and see what type of learner their child is.
you should set goals beyond your reach
Preparing For High School:
College and Career Prep Information:
- Setting Goals & Exploring Options: Whether its going to college or diving into a career, planning for the future is one of the best ways to set goals and accomplish them. Below are links to resources related to the pursuit of post high school opportunities.