GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Performs routine manual work in connection with the kitchen operations of the National School Lunch program. Does related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK: (Illustrative Only) Preparation of food Loads, operates and unloads dishes and hand washes food preparation and serving equipment, utensils, pots, pans, etc.; Delivers and stores clean dishes and utensils to proper storage area; Cleans kitchen area, tables, cabinets, equipment, etc.; Disposes of trash and garbage; Brings food deliveries to storage area(s); Assists in loading food trays on carts or trucks for delivery; Maintains and cleans storage area and assists cook in maintaining inventory control sheet; Assists cook(s) in moving/lifting bulk food items, stockpots, trays, etc.; Performs related kitchen duties as required and assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES: Familiarity with sanitary cleaning practices, supplies and equipment; ability to use cleaning supplies and equipment; ability to understand and follow simple oral and written instructions; ability to read and understand English; ability to get along well with others; willingness to perform manual tasks; tact; physical condition commensurate with the duties of the position.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Ability to take the Food Handlers test Preferred 6 month or more kitchen experience
Job Summary: Looking for an energetic and motivated substitute teacher to work with students at all levels from Kindergarten to Middle School.
Summary of Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow regular teacher’s lesson plans in a way that ensures consistency and optimal learning, and that encourages students to participate
- Assign classwork and homework as necessary, according to lesson plans
- Modify teaching styles to fit the learning styles of various students
- Maintain a well-managed classroom and positive learning environment
- Supervise students out of class such as in the hallways and in the cafeteria
- Create lesson plans, grade classwork, h0omework and tests and attend student-led conferences (only for long term subs) Minimum Qualifications Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
- Bachelor’s degree (or some college)
- Strong command of English language
- Above-average competency in at least two subject areas (such as math and social studies); overall average competency in most or all subjects
- Ability to remember many names
- Pass background check
- Flexible, friendly and good at establishing quick rapport with students
- Setting the proper tone from the beginning for classroom management
Physical Requirements: Must be able to use a variety of equipment and classroom tools such as computers, copiers and equipment for children, etc. Must be able to exert a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Due to amount of time spent standing and/or walking, physical requirements are consistent with those for Light Work.