GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Performs routine manual work in connection with the kitchen operations of the National School Lunch program. Does related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK: (Illustrative Only)
Preparation of food
Loads, operates and unloads dishes and hand washes food preparation and serving equipment, utensils, pots, pans, etc.
Delivers and stores clean dishes and utensils to proper storage area;
Cleans kitchen area, tables, cabinets, equipment, etc.;
Disposes of trash and garbage;
Brings food deliveries to storage area(s);
Assists in loading food trays on carts or trucks for delivery;
Maintains and cleans storage area and assists cook in maintaining inventory control sheet;
Assists cook(s) in moving/lifting bulk food items, stockpots, trays, etc.;
Performs related kitchen duties as required and assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES: Familiarity with sanitary cleaning practices, supplies and equipment; ability to use cleaning supplies and equipment; ability to understand and follow simple oral and written instructions; ability to read and understand English; ability to get along well with others; willingness to perform manual tasks; tact; physical condition commensurate with the duties of the position.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Ability to take the Food Handlers test
Preferred 6 month or more kitchen experience
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 801-363-1892
Or visit us at 1755 W 1100 N, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
Job Summary: Looking for an energetic and motivated substitute teacher to work with students at all levels from Kindergarten to Middle School.
Summary of Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow regular teacher’s lesson plans in a way that ensures consistency and optimal learning, and that encourages students to participate
- Assign classwork and homework as necessary, according to lesson plans
- Modify teaching styles to fit the learning styles of various students
- Maintain a well-managed classroom and positive learning environment
- Supervise students out of class such as in the hallways and in the cafeteria
- Create lesson plans, grade classwork, h0omework and tests and attend student-led conferences (only for long term subs) Minimum Qualifications Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
- Bachelor’s degree (or some college)
- Strong command of English language
- Above-average competency in at least two subject areas (such as math and social studies); overall average competency in most or all subjects
- Ability to remember many names
- Pass background check
- Flexible, friendly and good at establishing quick rapport with students
- Setting the proper tone from the beginning for classroom management
Physical Requirements: Must be able to use a variety of equipment and classroom tools such as computers, copiers and equipment for children, etc. Must be able to exert a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Due to amount of time spent standing and/or walking, physical requirements are consistent with those for Light Work.