GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Performs routine manual work in connection with the kitchen operations of the National School Lunch program. Does related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK: (Illustrative Only)
Preparation of food
Delivers and stores clean dishes and utensils to proper storage area;
Cleans kitchen area, tables, cabinets, equipment, etc.;
Disposes of trash and garbage;
Brings food deliveries to storage area(s);
Assists in loading food trays on carts for delivery;
Maintains and cleans storage area;
Assists cook(s) in moving/lifting bulk food items, stockpots, trays, etc.;
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES: Familiarity with sanitary cleaning practices, supplies and equipment; ability to use cleaning supplies and equipment; ability to understand and follow simple oral and written instructions; ability to use a computer; ability to read and understand English; willingness to perform manual tasks; tact; physical condition commensurate with the duties of the position.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Ability to take the Food Handlers test
Preferred 6 month or more kitchen experience
Email resume to: [email protected] or Call 801-363-1892
Or visit us at 1755 W 1100 N, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
School Maintenance & Custodian
Description: The custodian acts as caretaker of the building and facilities, and is considered to hold a very important role in the functioning of our school. The custodian will not only be working with maintenance, cleaning and care, but he/she will also be working with people, especially children. Therefore, a love and understanding of children, and the ability to be a role model, are critical attributes of our custodian.
- Perform all activities that are custodial in nature and deemed appropriate by administration.
- Keep building neat, clean, and in working order at all times.
- Assist in building and grounds security by locking all doors and gates after use and at the end of work day.
- Assist in seasonal grounds work such as snow removal on sidewalks.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs of building and equipment.
- Understand and follow safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Clear background check.
- 2 years of prior experience in building maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning methods and products.
- Ability to use, and mechanical understanding of the machines, tools, and other special equipment to perform jobs duties (e.g. power tools, floor buffer, polishing chemicals).
- Knowledge of HAZMAT regulations.
- Ability to lift or move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to spend 100% of the day standing/walking.
Job Summary: Looking for an energetic, dependable and motivated substitutes to work with students at all levels from Kindergarten to Middle School.
Summary of Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow the sub plans of teachers.
- Support the vision of Pacific Heritage Academy in using the power of education, the endurance of language and culture, and the virtue of relationships and community to help young people on voyages of discovery.
- Work cooperatively with and supporting the school team in instruction, assessment, documentation, and classroom management.
- Excellent English Language skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish welcomed.
- A positive, cooperative attitude.
- A willingness to learn and to work hard.
- Patience, and a love of children.
- An appreciation and respect of diverse cultures.
- Ability to pass a background check.